Polish Society of Sports Medicine (PTMS):
- PTMS is a scientific and educational type of organization.
- A physically active human, both in good and poor health, at all stages of life is the major concern of the Society.
- Its subject of interest includes understanding of scientific basis of physiological and pathological processes occurring under the influence of physical activity or as a result of the lack of such activity as well as health protection for people engaged in sport, physical recreation and physical education, prevention of chronic diseases and treatment of diseases resulting from sports activities.
Goals and activities of PTMS:
- The goals of the Society include mainly the activities following the above assumptions and these include:
- Providing inspiration for scientific research,
- Promoting knowledge of sports medicine,
- Cooperation in increasing occupational skills and
- Offering assistance to society members in their scientific and occupational activities.